2012年10月18日木曜日

why body education? I

[introduction]

A new gadget I recently got is a device called document scanner.  I bought it to reduce the amount of paper stacked in my shelves. It sounds odd to the people who live in spacious houses. But I have been living in a small house in urban Japan.  Also, I turned to the age of 60 and it is supposed to be a good time to review what I have been doing in my life. I scanned many writings I have done before, from FWC journals in 1970's to mini newsletters I had sent out to friends in 1980's and 90's. Scanning itself is not a difficult work to do. But at least you need to check whether scanning is done properly or not. As a result, I had to go through with my eyes what I have written in the past. I come to realize then, I have been running the same track as I was 40 years ago. I have been engaged in the field named Shintai Kyoiku - it is literally means Body Education past 30 years.  It can be translated this way - what is the role of the body in one's learning process and how one can assimilate their experience. See everything started when I came to know of an experimental college based on experiential learning back in 1973.  (to be continued)